What To Expect
- There will be no direct contact with Santa
- All appointments must be booked in advance
- You may show up anytime during your half-hour appointment window, but please note there may be 2-3 families in line ahead of you
- To keep Santa and families safe, guests will be asked to sit on a bench placed a safe distance from Santa
What We’re Doing To Keep You Safe
- Guests, staff and Santa will be wearing a mask or facial covering throughout the entire experience (including the photo)
- All staff, including Santa will receive a temperature check at the start of each shift.
- Santa’s Workshop is designed with one-way traffic flow through entrance/exit points, clearly marked waiting areas, minimal touchpoints designated entrance and exit points.
Where will the Santa Set be this Year?
Santa’s Workshop is located on the upper level by The GAP and Bath and Body Works. The nearest exterior entrance is Entrance 6 on the Upper Parkade on the east side of Kingsway.
When will it be open?
Santa arrives on Friday, November 21 at Noon. Please check here for appointment availability and please book early as there are limited slots available.
How are you dealing with COVID-19?
Keeping our staff and guests safe is our main priority. Our safety measures follow Alberta Government and Health official guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
These measures include:
- Upon booking, guests will be asked to confirm a COVID-19 waiver in accordance with guidance from Alberta Health Services.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available, and all guest touch points will be cleaned after each use.
- Floor decals and signage will be on set to remind customers to physically distance.
- Masks are to be worn while in line and must remain on for the photograph.
Do I need to book an Appointment for my children to see Santa?
Yes. To adhere to the safety guidelines, Santa will be seen by appointment only. The set has been relocated and redesigned so that Santa and guests will be extremely safe. Children must say with guardians at all times.
How many people can be in the photo?
As per government guidelines, a maximum of 20 individuals will be permitted on set, including guests and staff. To adhere to these guidelines, up to six individuals will only be allowed per family group photo.
How do I know if my booking was successful?
You will receive a confirmation email when your booking has been accepted and logged into the appointment schedule.
I have three children, do I book three Appointments?
Appointments are set up per family, so multiple bookings are not necessary.
I am not sure of my schedule. Can I book more than one Appointment?
Due to the limited number of appointments, we kindly ask that you solidify your schedule prior to booking.
What happens if I am late or miss my appointment, can I rebook?
We know Christmas time can be hectic. We ask that you manage your schedule to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment. If you are late, we will try our best to accommodate you, time permitting. If you need to reschedule or miss your appointment, you can try to rebook but due to the high demand as we get closer to Christmas, you may not find another suitable time.
How do I check in once I arrive at the Mall?
Santa’s Workshop is located on the upper level by The GAP and Bath and Body Works. Upon arrival a host will be at the entrance to greet you and communicate the next steps. You can arrive anytime during your appointment window, but please plan for at least 10-15 minutes of time for the photograph. Due to the appointment windows there is a possibility that 2-3 families may be ahead of you.
Are bathrooms available on set?
There are public washrooms nearby, on the Main Level near the food court as well as on the Upper Level by Tim Hortons.
Do you have a special time reserved for children on the spectrum?
Sensitive Santa appointments are an opportunity for children to visit Santa in a sensory-friendly environment. Sensitive Santa appointments are available one hour after the mall closes on Sundays in the month of December. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
Do you have a special time reserved for pet photos with Santa?
Pet Night is an opportunity for pets to have their photo taken with Santa. Pet Photos will be available on December 1, December 8 and December 15 from 6 pm to 7 pm. Book your appointment for pets and their families here.
How much does the Santa visit cost?
Santa visits are always free. Photo packages start at $19. For a full list of available options see the pricing guide here.
Can I talk to someone if I have any other questions?
Absolutely – Text us at 780-328-2768 and a member of our Guest Services team will be happy to assist you.