What To Expect
- There will be no direct contact with Santa.
- All appointments must be booked in advance.
- To keep Santa and families safe, guests will be asked to sit on a bench placed a safe distance from Santa.
What We’re Doing To Keep You Safe
- Guests, staff and Santa will be wearing a mask or facial covering throughout the entire experience (including the photo)
- All staff, including Santa will receive a temperature check at the start of each shift.
- Santa’s Workshop is designed with one-way traffic flow through entrance/exit points, clearly marked waiting areas, minimal touchpoints designated entrance and exit points.
General Mall Rules
- Wearing a mask is mandatory.
- No gathering is permitted. Essential visits only.
- Total centre capacity has been reduced as per current guidelines. Please view our live capacity tracker on kingswaymall.com to help plan your visit.
- The food court and all restaurants are available for take out and delivery only.
- All food court seating is closed. Eating is not permitted in the common areas of the mall.
- Personal services (hair salons and barber shops) are not taking appointments. Some remain open but only to sell product.
- Shopping outside of peak hours is recommended (peak hours are 11am-4pm).
- Increased signage to reinforce physical distancing, guide customer traffic flow, and hygiene.
- We have increased our cleaning frequency in high-touch and high-traffic areas using best practices and products identified by health organizations.
- Placed hand sanitizer stations throughout the shopping centre.
- Smartecartes have been decommissioned.
Where will the Santa Set be this Year?
Santa’s Workshop is located on the upper level by The GAP and Bath and Body Works. The nearest exterior entrance is Entrance 6 on the Upper Parkade on the east side of Kingsway.
How are you dealing with COVID-19?
Keeping our staff and guests safe is our main priority. Our safety measures follow Alberta Government and Health official guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
These measures include:
- Upon booking, guests will be asked to confirm a COVID-19 waiver in accordance with guidance from Alberta Health Services.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available, and all guest touchpoints will be cleaned after each use.
- Floor decals and signage will be on set to remind customers to physically distance.
- Masks are to be worn while in line and must remain on for the photograph.
Do I need to book an Appointment for my children to see Santa?
Yes. To adhere to the safety guidelines, Santa will be seen by appointment only. The set has been relocated and redesigned so that Santa and guests will be extremely safe. Children must say with guardians at all times.
How many people can be in the photo?
As per government guidelines, a maximum of 20 individuals will be permitted on set, including guests and staff. To adhere to these guidelines, up to six individuals will only be allowed per family group photo.
How do I know if my booking was successful?
You will receive a confirmation email when your booking has been accepted and logged into the appointment schedule.
I have three children, do I book three Appointments?
Appointments are set up per family, so multiple bookings are not necessary.
I am not sure of my schedule. Can I book more than one Appointment?
Due to the limited number of appointments, we kindly ask that you solidify your schedule prior to booking.
What happens if I am late or miss my appointment, can I rebook?
We know Christmas time can be hectic. If you are late, we will try our best to accommodate you, time permitting. If you need to reschedule or miss your appointment, you can try to rebook but due to the high demand as we get closer to Christmas, you may not find another suitable time.
How do I check in once I arrive at the Mall?
Santa’s Workshop is located on the upper level by The GAP and Bath and Body Works. Upon arrival a host will be at the entrance to greet you and communicate the next steps. Please plan for at least 5-10 minutes of time for the photograph.
Are bathrooms available on set?
There are public washrooms nearby, on the Main Level near the food court as well as on the Upper Level by Tim Hortons.
Do you have a special time reserved for children or families with special needs?
Sensitive Santa appointments are an opportunity for children to visit Santa in a sensory-friendly environment. Sensitive Santa appointments are available one hour after the mall closes during December 6th and December 13th. Please email email@example.com to book an appointment.
Do you have a special time reserved for pet photos with Santa?
Please note that all Pet Nights with Santa appointments are fully booked. We apologize for the inconvenience.
How much does the Santa visit cost?
Santa visits are always free. Photo packages start at $19. For a full list of available options see the pricing guide here.
Can I talk to someone if I have any other questions?
Absolutely – Text us at 780-328-2768 and a member of our Guest Services team will be happy to assist you.