Mother’s Day is fast approaching and if you’re looking for unique gift ideas – we’ve got you! The best part is a majority of all the gift ideas in our gift guide can be delivered right to your door. P.S. If you’re planning a Mother’s Day brunch at home, keep reading to see how easy it is to create your own DIY Mimosa Bar.
MOMMY AND ME
Portage and Main is a local clothing company that designs and manufactures all of its products right here in Edmonton with ethically-sourced materials. The owner, Trish, started Portage and Main because she was looking for good quality clothing that she could wear and would also match her kids. They’re currently offering free shipping on all orders but order sooner rather than later as it could take up to 6 business days to receive your package.
Houseplants make the perfect gift if you’re looking to gift Mom something that lives longer than a bouquet of flowers. Glass Earth Inc is offering curbside pick-up in front of Entrance 2 at Kingsway and they’ve also recently expanded their local delivery to the Edmonton area. Glass Earth now delivers to Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan & Spruce Grove.
1 – ZZ Plant – $33. Low to bright indirect light & water once a month.
2 – Moonshine Snake Plant $25. Low to bright indirect light & water once a month.
3 – Satin Pothos $15. Medium to bright indirect light & water when soil is dry.
Bonus: If you’re looking for a hands on activity to do together pick up a DIY Terrarium kit as a fun Mother’s Day activity. Don’t forget plant pots and accessories to go along with her new plants.
1 – Hudson’s Bay – Set-Of-3 Plant Pots and Tray $30
2 – Hudson’s Bay – Plant Lady dish towel $22
3 – Hudson’s Bay – Ceramic Planter $15
AT HOME MIMOSA BAR
Level up your Mother’s Day brunch by creating a DIY Mimosa bar that Mom will sure love.
- Stop by Sobey’s Liquor and pick up a few of Mom’s favourite champagne or prosecco. If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic option, try a flavoured sparkling water or club soda.
- Next up is juice – grab a few bottles of your preferred juice. A classic OJ would work, but you can use any you have on hand.
- Top it off with fresh fruit slices for garnish and enjoy!
Here are our top picks to create your own mimosa bar at home.
1 – Hudson’s Bay – Champage Flute Set $22.47
2 – Hudson’s Bay – Glass Carafe 1L $17
3 – Hudson’s Bay – Wine Tray $25
If you’re looking for a truly unique gift, The Makers Keep is curating a Mother’s Celebration Box with goods from Alberta makers. Set your alarms for their launch on Saturday, April 25 at 10 am as they only have 20 boxes available.
Each gift box is $60 ($75 value) and includes free local delivery.
- @thevioletchocolatecompany Cinnamon Crunch Bar 78g
- @meltconfections Single Alfajores
- @prairiecandleco 8oz Candle
- @loftdesignscanada Heart Shape Seed Paper & Mother’s Day Card
- @alldeckedoutevents Plant Pot and mini succulent
- @flowerchildsoapco Bath Bomb
- @themakerskeep Stretchy Letter Bracelet
Last but not the least, don’t forget to pick up a Mother’s Day card to go along with your gift. Here are some of our favourites.
3 – Donut Card by IM Paper $5.50